Parents and Family
你的学生要去上大学了. Pat yourself on the back and take a high five, because they didn't do it alone!
老实说，他们仍然不会. 但他们现在得到的帮助和支持将采取不同的形式. They'll have an adviser, peers in study groups, professors as mentors, and supervisors at an internship who will help them grow and mature into a self-sufficient and well-rounded adult. Read this story uedbet为学生提供的非常支持性的教育环境. Or, watch this video 并了解我们如何帮助一位意志坚定的女性实现她的梦想.
在大多数情况下，你可以通过学习成为一个uedbet人是什么 Admissions and Aid as well as Student Life. However, 当你向下滚动这一页, there are some topics that you might find particularly interesting as you help your student take these steps to college.
All the Comforts of Home
A residence hall is more than a place to live; it's a place to live with purpose and compassion. With 24/7 security, weekly housekeeping, 以及每层楼的住户助理, students living on-campus are surrounded by people who care and want them to succeed.
无论是在教室还是在更远的地方, 我们要求学生探索未知, challenge their limits, and act with compassion.
正是在这段旅程中，圣. uedbet的学生发现他们的激情和毕业后, 找一份工作来满足你的激情.
In the Spring 2019 issue of Scene Magazine, graduates shared the many ways in which an SAU education led to their success today.
Moving to Campus
The St. Ambrose University Residence Life Office works with selected external vendors in providing additional amenities to our residents. 你可以在下面阅读有关亚麻和阁楼，护理包和微型冰箱的内容.
- wall or desk clock
- shower caddy (handheld)
- desk lamp
- microwave (<700 watts)
- fan (for Davis)
- iron/tabletop ironing board
- carpet or rugs
- indoor grill
- hot pot
- small sewing kit
- halogen lamps
- pets (except fish)
- candles and incense
- homemade lofts
Residence hall rooms contain extra-long beds (36" x 80") which require extra long linens to comfortably fit the mattresses. Student Services has an agreement with an outside vendor to provide these linens through 宿舍床单和床上用品. Students will receive a letter and order form in the mail during the summer that describes the products and special packages available. Make sure to order by the deadline to ensure linens arrive at home before departing for campus.
If your student would like extra space in their residence hall room, consider renting a loft. Lofts are a great way to maximize space and they are delivered to your room so they're waiting for you when you arrive on move-in day.
在戴维斯，学生们想要把他们的床放在单人房间里, 黑根和北霍尔必须使用他们房间里提供的材料. Students living in all other University housing must use lofting materials rented from College Products at www.collegeproducts.com/bees. College Products also sells durable futons and safes with delivery for all residence life buildings on campus.
如果你的学生既要微波炉又要冰箱, 但不需要把它们搬进去，或者失去两个插座, 可以考虑租一台迷你冰箱 www.mymicrofridge.com. Campus Fridges provide a combination microwave and refrigerator/freezer that runs on one cord (meaning one plug) and has an outlet and USB ports on the microwave face! They will install it in your room for you meaning more room in the moving vehicle and no lugging it up stairs or waiting for an elevator on move in day!
- Send final high school transcripts using your high school's encrypted transcript service.
- Send transcripts from any colleges or universities attended for transfer credits using your school's encrypted transcript service.
- Complete FAFSA paperwork
- Register your device(s) - laptops, iPad, etc. (must be done on campus).
- Make sure you have your student ID/BeeCard. 获得名片的最佳方式是将自己的清晰照片发邮件至 email@example.com during the summer, and you can pick up your ID in the Security Office when you arrive on campus or when checking-in to your residence hall (if living on campus).
- Order your parking pass
- 如果医生给你开了药, ensure you have refills and a plan to get your medication during the school year.
- 如果你是健康科学专业的学生, turn in your physical examination form – completed and signed by your healthcare provider – to SAU Health Services, Rogalski Center, 2nd floor.
- Complete your Health Form 送到SAU健康服务中心.
- Students who need academic or non-academic accommodations can contact the Accessibility Resource Center (ARC) by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org to get started. 所有住宿信息都是保密的, 并且可以为一些残疾条件提供住宿, 包括精神疾病, systemic conditions, medical conditions, learning disabilities, and ADHD
- Register on Handshake 适用于兼职、全职和勤工俭学的职位
- 如果你接受了勤工俭学的工作, 将你的I-9表格提交给学术和职业规划办公室, Rogalski Center, 2nd floor.
- Review Blackboard information
- For students with therapists or psychiatrists: we recommend scheduling follow-up appointments during breaks. The SAU Counseling Center 如果需要，可以帮助你找到当地的支持吗. 访问咨询中心门户页面 查看心理健康支持服务的列表.
- Watch for your first billing statement in the first few weeks of July/December and review your payment options.
- Develop a habit of checking your SAU email for important information and/or messages from faculty about upcoming classes. 如果您在登录您的SAU电子邮件时遇到问题, 拨打SAU服务台563-333-6368，并写上你的全名. 您将被要求提供一个备用电子邮件来发送新密码.
- Download the St. Ambrose LiveSafe app，我们的紧急通知和校园安全系统.
- Alcohol and Other Drugs
The All Students Checklist above should be completed before arriving on campus, 除下列清单外:
- 提交你的住房合同，并(如果需要)要求室友或室友! Housing contracts open May 15, and we'd like roommate/suitemate requests to be submitted by June 5. 你会在七月收到正式的作业邮件! Visit the 居住生活门户页面了解更多信息
- 如果你打算租一间阁楼作为你的房间，那就去看看 collegeproducts.com/bees. We suggest taking advantage of their early bird discount and ordering by August 1!
- In the summer, you'll get more information about your room assignment, move-in day and Welcome Week.
- 考虑带上以下物品:急救箱, humidifier, air conditioner (for persons with allergies or other health conditions who are assigned housing without air conditioning. A note from your healthcare provider is required for air conditioning in these limited circumstances).
Student athletes should complete the two lists above in addition to these items:
1. Complete NAIA documentation (PlayNAIA) for SAU athletes playing a fall sport:
Step 1: 在PlayNAIA上创建一个帐户 (NAIA Eligibility Center)
Step 3: Log in to your SAT or ACT account and send your test scores to the NAIA Eligibility Center (optional)
2. Turn in your physical examination – completed and signed by your healthcare provider – to SAU Health Services, Rogalski Center, 2nd floor.
From the Counseling Center
作为一名大学生可能是一个艰难的过渡. We are here for your child and can offer different options if they need support.
1. 我们的办公时间是星期一至星期五上午8点到下午4点半. 可以通过563-333-6423或counselingcenter@sau与我们联系.edu
3. Student can reach out to their RA or the Area Coordinator (AC) on call through Residence Life
4. 学生们可以拨打当地的危机热线. That number is 1-844-430-0375
6. They can access TAO(在线治疗师辅助) or Ask Listen Refer，我们的在线课程.edu email address.
7. As a parent you can also use Ask Listen Refer to take the training yourself as a way to learn signs of suicide and how to help your child.
8. Students have access to the 咨询中心的门户页面. Here we post articles, events, coping skills, how our office runs, what to expect in counseling, FAQ, and our Virtual Calming Hive where there are links to coping skill activities.